Friday, May 18, 2012

Idea's Brewing: Thus the whole house has a coffee aroma.

Ok, soooo what to do with all of this information.

Lets just say if there was ever a good time to have an autoimmune disease it's now. lol
This blog of mine here really is not that unique, this information is getting to be very popular. I've found some other pretty awesome blogs that people have written. I need to friend those people on here. It's not about, "Hey I'm awesome, look how smart I am. I'm so great I cured my disease."
Well for one I didn't actually achieve what I've achieved thus far on my own...
I had a great doctor.
I had great family support.
I had great friend support.
I was emailing others with similar sickness who were helpful and responsive.
I found information from different people who shared it, a lot on the internet.
I read helpful books that others published.
I read the research, which I was guided to by my doctor who encouraged such things.
I attended lectures that my doctor taught.
...
.....and it goes on.

Of course I am proud of my persistance and my ability to gather information. Glad I was able to put it into action.  But this whole process has been very intricate. Emotional, physical, internal, external.

There are a lot of research studies out there. I'm sure we need more, but good stuff is brewing in the medical field.

Gosh, you gotta love all of these health food stores popping up. Of course you just can't go into a health food store, load up your cart, and just expect that you are eating healthy. That's not how it works, but people are definitely more aware. :DD :))

Personally I'd like to become a tool. Just one other person who has had a crazy health experience and learned a lot. I'd like to help other people. Plus this is a life long thing here for me. Helping others will help myself. I mean there's no question about that one. Plus honestly, I enjoy talking about this stuff. If I have outlets for this passion then I can balance "work" with fun. There's more to my life than just autoimmune diseases and food. :p Who woulda thunk it?? :p

So I need to build up my credibility for one, which is just a fancy way of saying that I need to graduate. That's where my focus is going to be for quite some time now. Well in quite some time I mean until December. lol In particular September to December, which pans out to be about 3 and a half months. Of course nothing that I've leared through all of this is going to help my graduate. LOL I mean maybe a little bit, but I'm not going to be tested on this information. It'll help me in my future career endeavors, but yeah that's quite a while down the road.

Now something I can do is compile information and research about the omega 3 and 6 diet and try to get that implemented at Aultman Hospital. Perhaps patients with certain types of cancer that have been shown to be affected by the 3 and 6 diet will be required to leave the hospital with information on this type of diet. The same goes for heart patients and patients with autoimmune diseases. And also mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, skizophrenia, and depression. I mean if this happened it would feel like such a dream. But I need to compile these studies and see if number one if there is enough consistant information out there to convince a board and to actually work on patients. I'm pretty sure about this stuff because of myself, my doctor, and everything I've read...but I'm just as skeptical as the next person. I live my life constantly skeptical. I want to convince myself. I know it helped me, but I'd love to see mass amounts of research studies conviently compiled. I'm sure someone out there has already done this. For one my doctor has spent a lot of time on this. But actually getting the information to be used wide spread would be amazing, especially if it is just as effective as my doctor and many others claim it to be. How totally cool.

So this summer I'd like to work on compiling these studies.

But number one is the schooling. It seems like not much progress is possible in implementing the research without my degree. And why not get some credit in the world of academia with looking further into this research. Maybe I can take a different, cool perspective on studying the research in some thesis or something. It would be a lot of fun for me.

And heck who doesn't want to graduate, do something they're more passionate about, and as a biproduct make more money. I wanna do some traveling and such! lol I mean you have no idea...or you may if you were  one of those people who took way too long to graduate. :p To my surprise there's a lot of us out there! :)

Wooo hoo, woo hoo...
Until next time my autoimmune reader buddies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment